When we look at photos of famous young women before and after breast augmentation, we definitely want to look like them. But if you don't limit yourself to envious sighs, it's important to learn as much as possible about the procedure. For example, about the periods of preparation and recovery.
Evaluate the pros and cons before starting the operation
If you want to do the same thing, you need to decide why it is needed. Hear the surgeon's advice and opinion on breast augmentation before and after surgery.
Evaluating all the pros and cons is an initial and important preparatory stage
Let's talk about when to do the operation:
- before plastic, the figure is disproportionate and unattractive;
- clothes do not fit well - there is too much free space in the chest area;
- due to childbirth, sudden weight loss or normal age-related changes, the breasts look worse;
- one mammary gland is much smaller than the other.
But why is it better to abandon the idea:
- it is impossible to intervene in case of breast cancer, fibrous cysts, overweight, diabetes;
- contraindications are also drug allergy, as well as blood, heart and lung problems;
- the operational process will not be beneficial if the woman smokes;
- if after a while it is not possible to be observed by the surgeon, it is better not to start the operation;
- you also need to be prepared to change implants in the future.
What tests should be done before surgery
As in any surgery, there are also requirements for passing certain tests in plastic surgery.
- General and biochemical blood test.The period for which these analyzes should be met is two weeks before the operation. If inflammation or anemia is diagnosed, treatment will be needed.
- Mammography.This is a mandatory part of the survey, which allows you to identify existing problems. The slightest changes in the normal state of the mammary glands are a reason for abandoning the augmentation procedure.
- Blood test for platelets and clotting.Unsatisfactory results indicate a risk of hematoma formation.
- Pregnancy test.Even a week of pregnancy is a reason to refuse surgery. The fact is that anesthesia will adversely affect the fetus.
- Fluorography of the lungs and ECGto determine the state of the heart. In case of negative results, surgical intervention is prohibited.
What are the nuances that are worth knowing before the intervention
Before performing an operation that enlarges the breast, it is worth adhering to the following recommendations:
- if you are taking aspirin and other anti-inflammatory drugs, you need to stop them. They significantly reduce blood clotting;
- alcohol should not be taken at least three to four days before the procedure. Even better - in seven days;
- it is imperative to consult both a mammologist and a surgeon. They will give individual recommendations, study the initial volume of the breast;
- both before and during recovery from breast augmentation, it is necessary to saturate the body with water. This will help you tolerate surgery better.
The importance of wearing a bra after surgery
Rehabilitation after breast augmentation requires the mandatory use of special compression underwear. Also, regardless of the size it turned out in the end.
Such underwear is usually left on for about three to four weeks in order to:
- the implants did not move and, therefore, the shape was maintained as intended by the physician. To avoid getting an irregular shape, a normal bra after surgery is unacceptable;
- breast augmentation in the postoperative period was not fraught with sagging. In this case, the breast tissue will move somewhere in the nipple area. As a result, after the operation, all positive effects may be lacking;
- the breasts did not open in different directions. Implants can lead to a similar result;
- the body is used to the new weight. A significant increase in breast size 3, for example, after the first one, can make you feel uncomfortable. At first a woman will simply be uncomfortable with such an unusual weight.
The patient's condition immediately after surgery
After breast augmentation, rehabilitation can begin with painful sensations: heaviness, swelling. They last about a week. Especially if the implants are located under the pectoral muscle.
The first two days of this week will be particularly painful. During this rehabilitation period, the use of analgesics prescribed by a doctor is allowed. However, if they are not taken, the discomfort will go away anyway, but gradually.
The skin can itch, burn, react to the slightest touch. The difficulty in raising your hand is guaranteed. General weakness, the likelihood of a rise in temperature, cannot be ruled out.
During the initial recovery period after surgery, the breasts may feel tight and even larger than expected. The fault lies with the swelling. However, it will disappear on its own in up to a month.
If the pain after a breast augmentation is particularly severe and prolonged, a doctor should be consulted promptly. Swelling and redness, although they are the norm, should also be shown to a specialist.
What to expect from the first week after the procedure
In the first week, in addition to the above, you can expect the following:
- dressings can be removed within the first few days. Dressings are done on the third and seventh day after the procedure. In the further recovery period, they also need to be carried out, but the exact amount already depends on the individual characteristics;
- stitches after breast augmentation are removed during this week. If the specialist used special tape or glue during the operation, it will not be necessary to artificially remove them. Such connecting materials disappear over time;
- in the ideal scenario, you can take a shower in one day. However, it also happens that it will take a week of waiting;
- there should be no pushing, twisting or pulling movements. Also, the patient is not allowed to lift objects. In addition, not only heavy, but also light arms, in principle, are best avoided during this rehabilitation period after breast augmentation;
- women are also concerned that the sensitivity of the nipples is reduced to the maximum. This phenomenon is natural and will disappear over time.
What to expect from week 2 to week 6
The first week, the hardest, is over. But what's next?
Some patients may return to work at this time. However, everything here is individual, depending on the nature of this work itself. The same applies to intimate life: it all depends on the characteristics of the patient's body.
Excessive physical activity should however be avoided. It is better to replace sport with frequent walks in the fresh air and a balanced diet.
The chest at this time can still be "decorated" with seams. But you shouldn't worry, as they dissolve. Over time, only a specialist will be able to see such a seam.
From the second week, you can start trying to sleep on your side. But carefully. If you feel any discomfort, it is best to return to the supine position.
In the second week it is not possible to visit the solarium, the bathhouse, or the sauna. However, it is entirely possible that your doctor will advise you to abstain from them for a longer period.
Of course, one should hope for the best, but the likelihood of complications must also be taken into account. And it can be:
- an allergic reaction, for example, to anesthesia;
- accumulation of subcutaneous fluid is a hematoma, seroma. In any case, a specialist intervention is necessary;
- the appearance of the seams remains the same as in the beginning, they do not dissolve;
- plant displacement: no one is immune to it. And this movement can be directed in any direction, which will require additional operation. However, this complication is rare;
- loss of the implant, its rupture. Replacement is absolutely necessary. But the risk of this metamorphosis is also low: about 1% in the first 12 months after surgery and about 4% in the following years;
- infections - can be expected in the first few months. The risk is also low - around 1%. The problem is solved with antibiotic therapy and removal of the source of infection. The new system can be installed later, but not earlier than six months later.
It is worth noting that the breasts look perfect for a long time after plastic surgery. Of course, if all the recommendations regarding the preparatory and postoperative period are followed correctly.